October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

 Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wellness is part of this blog thus I do not want to miss to mention that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I just got my annual checkup. Did you?? Breast Cancer Awareness is very close to my heart because my mother is a breast cancer survivor ♥
We cannot raise enough awareness about this important issue. According to the ACS - American Cancer Society, heart disease (26%) is the leading cause of mortality in the United States, followed by cancer (23.1%). Approximately 192,569 women in the US have been diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2009 (ACS, 2009).
Please get checked! Call your doctor or go to a free clinic in your neighborhood but do not miss out on early detection.
Be well!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP