New Silky & Scentsational Concoctions

 Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I have to apologize for this delay in posting. I had been sick which caused the irregularity in my ability to write. I have not forgotten about my promise that I made on August 13th in my entry "Lovely Goodies." However, today, I got carried away and made new creams and thought it would make a nice blog entry.

I need to mention though that the below concoction has rather a lot of ingredients. Please do not let this discourage you to make your own product(s)! You really only need a few oils such as almond, apricot, or even olive oil to make a nice and smooth feeling body cream. I just felt in the mood to splurge :)

So, today I made two new creams.
1) Nurturing Body Silk ~ an all-around cream that can be used for the entire body
2) Hot & Heavy ~ a sensual experience and great for a hot date

I truly splurged today and made the most extravagant base cream with the following ingredients:

24 g Shea Butter
20 g Almond Oil
10 g Jojoba Oil
10 g Apricot Oil
10 g Hempseed & Evening Primrose Oils
8 g Borage Seed Oil
6 g Calendula Oil
5 g Vitamin E
5 g Rosehip & Perilla Oils
5 g Wheat Germ Oil.

As emulsifier, I used 1 g of Stearic Acid, 5 g Beeswax & 1 tbsp Borax and 22 g Emulsifying Wax.
I added a little Honey and Aloe Vera as well.

The texture of this concoction feels very smooth and silky. It leaves your skin feeling very soft and nurtured. It is excellent for mature and dry skin as well as elbows and knees. A little of this cream goes a long way.

To the above base cream, I added some Essential Oils in order to give it a nice scent and enhance the properties of the cream itself with the added benefit of some incredible Essential Oils by Young Living (YL).

Nurturing Body Silk ~ Wrap yourself in love with this nurturing, sensational and silky touch. Nurturing Body Silk is enhanced with the following YL Essential Oils: Lavender, Roman Chamomile,  Frankincense, Sandalwood & Rosemary

The Essential Oils in Nurturing Body Silk make it a great cream for itchy skin, rashes, or even eczema. The soothing qualities of Lavender and Roman Chamomile and the calming effect of Frankincense and Sandalwood are just so nurturing to the skin. I had an itchy blotch on my skin and after applying this cream only twice, the itchiness is gone and the redness is decreasing. 

Hot & Heavy ~ For a sensual experience. Enjoy a first calming sensation followed by a heated progression for ecstasy. Hot & Heavy is enhanced with the following YL Essential Oils: Lavender, Peace & Calming, and Joy.

I want to say Thanks to ZenGirl who assisted me in the process and provided her mental brain power in the description of the new silky & scentsational concoctions.

Enjoy the silkiness of these creams and venture into a world of scentsational delight :)

If you like to learn more about how to make your own products, visit my website where you can learn all about making your own products. The information provided is absolutely free :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP