Lavender & Honey Body Cream

 Sunday, April 19, 2009


I just made a new batch of Lavender & Honey Body Cream. Love it!!! The cream came out smooth and leaves your skin moisturized and silky soft with no oily residue.

Here are the ingredients:


Fats
5 g Hempseed Oil
20 g Apricot Oil
16 g Almond Oil
14 g Borage Seed Oil
3 g Vitamin E

Liquids
25 ml Lavender Florasol
95 ml Water

Thickeners/Emulsifiers
12 g Emulsifying Wax
3 g Beeswax
1/8 tsp Stearic Acid
1/8 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/2 tsp Borax

In a water bath, I heated the fats and the liquids in separate pyrex containers until the waxes were melted. The borax was added to the liquids. After the waxes were melted, I mixed (with a hand mixer) in the Xanthan Gum until it dissolved. Then, I poured the liquids slowly into the fats while mixing both together on slow speed with the hand mixer. I continued to mix for approximately 8 minutes. Last, I mixed in the essential oils and filled the cream into sterilized jars and containers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP