Staying Safe this Fourth of July

 Saturday, July 3, 2010

With 4th of July just being one day away, I am late in writing this post but nevertheless thought to include some First Aid tips with Essential Oils. I never travel anywhere without my essential oils and always have the following with me:

Lemon is a great anti-bacterial oil and is a multi-tasking oil. I love it in my drinking water, as it is not only refreshing but also functions as antacid and digestive. So after eating one too many burgers this weekend, you may want to put a few drops into your drinking water.

Lavender is my all-time favorite for cuts, burns, and especially sunburns. It already helped me prevent blisters after I got too close to the fire once, and it also helped me with a severe sunburn that I got on the beach a couple of weeks ago even though I used SPF 30. Just a few drops of Lavender EO will soothe your skin, take the sting and pain of the burn away, and make you feel better in no time.

Purification is a must have in my First Aid Kit because it is great for insects and mosquitos. Not only does it keep those buzzing nuisances at bay and away but if for some reason you got bit and lost your blood to one of those tiny suckers, then Purification soothes the itching by neutralizing your pH-level again. You can also pee on yourself which neutralizes the pH-level as well but who wants to do that at a party? Also, if you went hiking or camping and you got a splinter, clean the area with a drop of purification so that the skin does not get infected.

Peppermint is another great essential oil and a multi-tasker. It helps with digestive problems after having eaten too much and it helps overcome tiredness of the mind and the body. Whether you spent the entire day scorching out in the sun or you played baseball or volleyball or whatever with your friends, peppermint inhaled as well as diluted with fractioned coconut oil or jojoba oil and massaged into tired muscles will do wonders.

Thieves is another oil I do not leave my house without. It is the best disinfectant and anti-bacterial oil I came across. Whenever I go to somebody else's swimming pool or an outdoor shower, I rub a few drops of thieves into the soles of my feet to prevent bacterial or fungal infections. Too many times when I was a kid I had warts on my feet because I was using public pools all the time.

And if by the end of the day you are so tired but wired up from the events and you cannot fall asleep, inhale Lavender and Peace & Calming. Rub them into the soles of your feet and you will drift into a pleasant slumber in no time.

Have a happy and safe Fourth of July

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP